Veritas Prep offers a wide array of GMAT study options including classroom courses, live online courses, online on demand courses and tutoring. The company was founded in 2002 by two Yale SOM grads, who began working on it during their studies at Yale. If you are looking to invest in admissions consulting as well, Veritas offers MBA consulting packages that can be purchased in combination with courses or tutoring for a better price. Their live online and classroom courses vary widely as far as schedule, accommodating a variety of different timing needs. Furthermore, they offer more classroom hours than any other live online or classroom course.
Their full course, which is a total of 36 hours, is offered both online and in person in 90 cities and 20 countries. They give you four different options for the scheduling of the course:
- 3 hours, twice a week for 6 weeks
- 6 hours every Saturday for 6 weeks
- 6 hours every Saturday and Sunday for 3 weekends
- 36 hours over the course of one week
Their on demand course is a set of 12 video lessons plus additional resources for $850. Tutoring comes in both live online and in person format in packages of 14 hours ($2,940), 22 hours ($4,390), 30 hours ($5,690) and 38 hours ($6,990). Their most popular package is the 30 hour package.
Veritas Prep Study Options
|One Week Immersion Course||Full Classroom Course||Live Online Course||Online On Demand Course||Tutoring|
|$1,650||$1,350||$850||$184-$210 per hour|
|Additional Books||12 GMAT lesson booklets||12 GMAT lesson booklets||12 GMAT lesson booklets||12 GMAT lesson booklets||12 GMAT lesson booklets|
|classroom recording for later viewing||yes||yes||yes||yes||yes|
- Time saving lesson planning: the running theme of the Veritas course is to teach you how to think like the test makers and reason through problems. This will save you time learning massive amounts of content that you may not need to know.
- Video lectures clear and understandable: a resounding majority of reviews claim that Veritas on demand classes are extremely understandable and clearly explained.
- Skillbuilder lessons: accompany your video lectures and help you understand content and concepts.
- Live support: you can get help with your homework through office hours or send a quick question to instructors.
- Not interactive: While you can pick what lessons you want to spend your time on, you don’t have the opportunity to answer questions in the lessons and the program will not identify your weaknesses.